|Posted on:||31 January 2018 / 09:29|
|Expires in:||101 days and 5:30 hours|
EINECS Number: 200-533-0
Density: 1.099g / cm3
Melting point: 133-138 ºC
Boiling point: 355.1 ° C at 760 mmHg
Flash Point: 168.5 ° C
Water-soluble: 0.076 g / 100 mL
Vapor Pressure: 3.21E-05mmHg at 25 ° C
Appearance: White or almost white crystalline powder
Phenacetin is a pain-relieving and fever-reducing drug, widely used from its introduction in 1887 until banned in the US by the FDA in 1983. Its use has declined because of its adverse effects, which include increased risk of certain cancers and kidney damage. It is metabolized into paracetamol, which replaced
it in some over-the-counter medications following the ban on phenacetin.
Phenacetin was widely used until the third quarter of the twentieth century, often in the form of an “A.P.C.” or aspirin-phenacetin-caffeine compound analgesic, as a remedy for fever and pain. An early formulation (1919) was Vincent’s APC in Australia. However the U.S. Food and Drug Administration ordered
the withdrawal of drugs containing phenacetin in November 1983, owing to its carcinogenic and
kidney-damaging properties (Federal Register of October 5, 1983 (48 FR 45466)). It was also banned in India.As a result some branded, previously phenacetin-based preparations continued to be sold, but with
the phenacetin replaced by safer alternatives. A popular brand of phenacetin was Roche’s Saridon, which
was reformulated in 1983 to contain propyphenazone, paracetamol and caffeine. Coricidin was also reformulated without phenaceti. Paracetamol is a metabolite of phenacetiwith similar analgesic and antipyretic effects, but the new formulation has not been found to have phenacetin’s carcinogenicity.
Phenacetin is now being used as a cutting agent to adulterate cocaine in the UK and Canada, owing to the similar physical features of the two drugs.
Due to low cost phenacetin is used for research into the physical and refractive properties of crystals.
It is an ideal compound for this type of research
High quality with competitive price
1) We are manufacturer and can provide high quality products with factory price.
2). Quality can be promised. Hot sell to Worldwide.
Fast and safe delivery
1) Parcel can be sent out in 24 hours after payment. Tracking number available
2) Secure and discreet shipment. Various transportation methods for your choice.
3) We have our own agent/remailer/distributor who can help us ship our products very fast and safe, and
we have stock in there for transferring.
4) Tracking your order at any time. Inform your order’s further new situation at any time.
Our clients throughout the world.
1) Professional service and rich experience make customers feel at ease, adequate stock and fast delivery
meet their desire.
2) Market feedback and goods feedback will be appreciated, meeting customers’s requirement is our
3) High quality, competitive price, fast delivery, first-class service gain the trust and praise from